- The Coimbatore District Small Industries Association (CODISSIA) a jubilant & vibrant ISO 9001:2008 organisation started functioning in the year 1969 with 40 members and now the membership strength base has crossed 5269.
- CODISSIA's charter affirms to build up healthy, powerful and quality SMEs through sustained efforts, firm commitment and a system to review continuing suitability of policies and to analyse new ideas for continuous improvement.
- CODISSIA serves for the growth and prosperity of industries and it has made a significant contribution towards building a strong and stable Industrial City "COIMBATORE"
- CODISSIA besides functioning as a grievance redressal unit, is also functioning as a development oriented Association conducting series of Seminars / Training Programmes / Study tours / Exhibitions / Industrial Trade Fairs / Industrial visits etc. so as to develop and create awareness among Industrial Entrepreneurs.
- Technology transfer through ZDH, Germany TUV Rheinland.
- CODISSIA has dedicated itself to the cause of small-scale industries and has made a mark at the District / State and National levels by its selfless service to SSI's in a variety of ways.
- CODISSIA renders guidance and help to the new entrepreneurs in the identification of products/ preparation of project reports and getting financial assistance from banks etc. and licenses from various departments.
- CODISSIA has set up its own trade fair centre to conduct world class industrial fairs. These Trade Fairs provide a platform for Small Industries to go internationally and earn valuable foreign exchange.
- CODISSIA is the only District Level Association in the whole of India to have signed a Memorandum of Understanding with VDMA Plant and Machinery Manufacturers Association / Bavarian Section of West Germany to work jointly to assist the members in identifying new technologies / promote joint ventures, Technology transfers and to send trade delegation etc. to Foreign Countries like Germany, Japan, etc.